Current Regulated Prices
The current regulated prices for electricity and water and sewerage services are as follows:
2019-20 Standing Offer electricity prices Note 1
|Tariff||Description||Daily supply charge (cents per day)|
Usage (cents per kWh)
First 500kWh usage per quarter (cents per kWh)
|Usage in excess of 500kWh per quarter (cents per kWh)|
|22||General (Business)||103.965|| ||34.541||25.552|
|31||Residential Light & Power||96.528||26.960|| |||
|41||Residential Space Heating and Hot Water||17.999||17.507|||||
- These prices are for the most common tariffs only; a full list of the approved 2019-20 standing offer prices is available here: Aurora Energy 's Approved Standing Offer Prices.
- Tariff 93 time periods: Peak Mon-Fri 7am-10am & 4pm-9pm, Off Peak Mon-Fri 10am-4pm, 9pm-7am & all weekends.
2019-20 Feed-in Tariff (FiT) Rates Note 1
|Regulated FiT Rate|
|Cents per kWh (excluding GST) for energy exported to the grid|
- Transitional feed-in tariff rates were introduced to assist customers who had installed a solar system to recoup the cost of that investment. These legislated, premium rates were available for a period of five years and expired on 31 December 2018. From 1 January 2019 to 30 June 2019, residential and small business customers received the 2018-19 Regulated FiT rate plus an additional 5 c/kWh Government bonus. Between 1 July 2019 and 31 December 2019 these customers will receive the additional 5 c/kWh bonus on top of the 2019-20 Regulated FiT rate.
More information about feed-in tariffs, including eligibility criteria, is available on the Feed-in Tariffs section of this website.
2019-20 Water and Sewerage charges Notes 1, 2
|Description||Fixed charge ($ per annum)|
(cents per 1 000 litres)
|20mm Water connection Note 3||342.96||1.0620|
|Water service charge for unconnected properties||342.96|| |
|Fire service charge||85.72|||
|Sewerage connection (one Equivalent Tenement (ET)) Note 3||658.16|||
|Sewerage service charge for unconnected properties||394.88|||
- These charges are for the most common services only; a full list of water and sewerage charges and fees is available on TasWater's website: http://www.taswater.com.au/Your-Account/Water-and-Sewerage-Charges
- Under a Memorandum of Understanding reached between the State Government, TasWater's council owners and TasWater on 1 May 2018, TasWater imposed a price freeze for all its water and sewerage services from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020.
- Higher fixed charges apply to customers with larger sized water connections or higher sewerage ET assessments.