The Customer Service Code specifies the standards and conditions of service and supply that TasWater must comply with when providing regulated services to customers.
In line with the customer service code, TasWater is required to:
- meet the customer-related standards, procedures, practices and conditions for regulated services set out in the Code; and
- develop, issue and comply with a customer charter which meets the procedural and substantive requirements of the Code and sets out the minimum service standards.
On 1 July 2022, a new version of the Code comes into effect for the period 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2026.
The Water and Sewerage Industry Act 2008 establishes an economic regulatory framework for the provision of water and sewerage services.
This incorporates a customer service standards framework for the sector, including the requirement that the Water and Sewerage Economic Regulator (the Regulator) issue a Customer Service Code specifying minimum service standards and conditions for regulated services with which a regulated entity must comply.
The Water and Sewerage Industry (Customer Service Standards) Regulations 2019 specify matters that must, or may, be included in the Customer Service Code. The Code is also able to address other matters in addition to those required under the Regulations.
Published versions of the Customer Service Code:
- Version 1 - 1 July 2010
- Version 2 - 12 April 2013
- Version 3 - 29 April 2015
- Version 4 - 1 July 2015
- Version 5 - 1 July 2015
- Version 6 - 25 November 2019
- Version 7 - 27 November 2020
- Version 8 - 1 July 2022
Information concerning amendments to the Customer Service Code and the relevant consultation processes, may be found here